Wednesday 1 May 2013

monthly roundup: april 2013

I hope that everyone had a lovely April! I got to spend most of mine at home which was lovely - I didn't do a whole lot of work but I did get to play a lot of MarioKart, watch lots of musicals and spend time with my family!

In addition to the books and movies I'm also really loving this season of Mad Men. Knowing that I like Mad Men is a constant in my life but it's only when it's airing that I remember just how much I love it. I'm so into it at the moment that I can't cope with just one ep a week so I'm rewatching the whole series! It's so interesting being able to directly compare S6 with the much earlier stuff. I just love that it rewards close watching.

I also started listening to the NPR Pop Culture Happy Hour podcast this month and I love it - their commentary is intelligent and engaged and so full of love. I'm so jealous that people get to talk about pop culture as a job!

Anyway, here's the monthly run-down. There are lots of remixes/mashups in this month's playlist - it's spring, time for the upbeat music!


books read

Rachel Hartman - Seraphina (7/10)
Lydia Syson - A World Between Us (6/10)
Ernest Cline - Ready Player One (8/10)
James Dasher - The Maze Runner (5/10)
Sally Gardner - Maggot Moon (8/10)



new movies watched

The Host (5/10)
West Side Story (8/10)
Oblivion (7/10)
Funny Face (7/10)
A Late Quartet (8/10)


music

Listen

Hollywood Blvd - RAC x Penguin Prison x Empire of the Sun x Felix da Housecat x TEED
We Belong Together (It Ain't Over 'til It's Over) - Mariah Carey x Lenny Kravitz x K'naan x Max Herre
Ignition (1901 Remix) - R. Kelly vs. Phoenix
Ghost Machine, Where Have You Been - Rihanna, Florence Welch x Deadmau5
I Knew You Had A Heart Attack - Taylor Swift vs. Demi Levato
How Ya Doin'? - Little Mix
Habits - Tove Lo
Analyser - Aluna George
Imagine It Was Us - Jessie Ware
Oblivion (feat. Susanne Sundfør) - M83

No comments:

Post a Comment