Wednesday 2 October 2013

craft post: a cowl and crochet mitts

In the last couple of weeks Autumn has definitely descended on the UK and while I'm not a fan of the cold I do love knitwear and winter accessories! It only made sense that I'd make some of my own and these were both really simple mini-projects.

I made this cowl in only a couple of hours.


Ravelry project page

The pattern is free and very simple. I did have to extend my initial chain though so it would go around my neck twice. I'm not completely happy with the colour of the wool - in the ball it looked much bluer - but it makes for a very cosy cowl! We'll be very closely acquainted by the time spring rolls around!


These gloves took a little longer but I finished them in the space of an afternoon.


Ravelry project page

I made these mainly because my house is FREEZING at the minute and my dad refuses to turn the heating on until at least the middle of October. I needed something to keep my hands warm while I crocheted and these were perfect as they leave my fingers free. Again, this pattern was free and very simple. This isn't a colour combination I'd usually go for but I wanted to use up some wool in my stash that I'm unlikely to use for much else.

Do you have any favourite homemade knitwear or scarf/hat/glove projects that you're working on in preparation for this winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment