Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
I have to confess that I've only read 4 of the books that I said I was going to read in the spring so it's probably over-optimistic to think I'll get through these as well! I am going on a cruise in July though and I'm hoping that I'll get lots of reading done 'on deck'!
01. Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell (This is the firs thing I'm going to read when I get home! I've heard nothing but good things from bloggers and critics so I'm really excited to get hold of this!)
02. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay - Michael Chabon (There was a feature on this in the last 'Little White Lies' (the 'Man of Steel' edition) which intrigued me!)
03. The Teleportation Accident - Ned Beauman (The GR blurb calls it, "a stunningly inventive, exceptionally funny, dangerously unsteady and (largely) coherent novel about sex, violence, space, time, and how the best way to deal with history is to ignore it". WHO WOULDN'T WANT TO READ THIS?!)
04. The Crane Wife - Patrick Ness
05. The Marriage Plot - Jeffrey Eugenides (Probably the most 'literary' of all the things here but I love the idea and have enjoyed Eugenides' other work so I'll give it a shot!)
06. The Quietness - Alison Rattle
07. My Life Next Door - Huntley Fitzpatrick (Obligatory contemp YA summer read!)
08. The 5th Wave - Rick Yansey
09. Jackdaws - Ken Follett (It's a novel about female saboteurs going behind enemy lines during WW2! Enough said!)
10. The End of Your Life Book Club - Will Schwalbe
In addition to all of these I'm trying to stock up my Kindle with easy reading material for the cruise, has anyone got any suggestions? I haven't read any stand-out YA series this year so if you have any recs let me know!