Tuesday 18 June 2013

top ten tuesday: tbr in summer 2013


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


I have to confess that I've only read 4 of the books that I said I was going to read in the spring so it's probably over-optimistic to think I'll get through these as well! I am going on a cruise in July though and I'm hoping that I'll get lots of reading done 'on deck'!

top ten books tbr in summer 2013


01. Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell (This is the firs thing I'm going to read when I get home! I've heard nothing but good things from bloggers and critics so I'm really excited to get hold of this!)
02. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay - Michael Chabon (There was a feature on this in the last 'Little White Lies' (the 'Man of Steel' edition) which intrigued me!)
03. The Teleportation Accident - Ned Beauman (The GR blurb calls it, "a stunningly inventive, exceptionally funny, dangerously unsteady and (largely) coherent novel about sex, violence, space, time, and how the best way to deal with history is to ignore it". WHO WOULDN'T WANT TO READ THIS?!)
04. The Crane Wife - Patrick Ness
05. The Marriage Plot - Jeffrey Eugenides (Probably the most 'literary' of all the things here but I love the idea and have enjoyed Eugenides' other work so I'll give it a shot!)



06. The Quietness - Alison Rattle
07. My Life Next Door - Huntley Fitzpatrick (Obligatory contemp YA summer read!)
08. The 5th Wave - Rick Yansey
09. Jackdaws - Ken Follett (It's a novel about female saboteurs going behind enemy lines during WW2! Enough said!)
10. The End of Your Life Book Club - Will Schwalbe


In addition to all of these I'm trying to stock up my Kindle with easy reading material for the cruise, has anyone got any suggestions? I haven't read any stand-out YA series this year so if you have any recs let me know!

14 comments:

  1. a few of the books on your list are also on my Pinterest board.. there are so many on Mount TBR.. :) am adding a few from here onto my Pinterest board too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many things on your Pinterest that I want to read! So many books and not enough time!

      Delete
  2. Nice list. I've heard really good things about Rainbow Rowell and her books. I might have to try them out sometime. The Quietness looks really intriguing, will have to check it out thanks for sharing :)

    -Mari @ The Sirenic Codex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The blogosphere is full of praise for Rainbow Rowell so I figured I'd check out her YA stuff and then see if I like it enough to look into her romances (it's not one of my usual genres).

      Delete
  3. Good list, I also want to read The Marriage Plot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eleanor and Park is on my TBR list. Also I LOVED The 5th Wave. Gave it 5 Stars. Hope you enjoy them!

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been seeing The 5th Wave everywhere so I'm glad to hear that you liked it!

      Delete
  5. You've got a nice, varied list here. I really want to read THE CRANE WIFE, too, as I love Patrick Ness. Well, I loved the Chaos Walking series, so I'm anxious to see what his new one is all about.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have quite a short attention span so I try to mix genres so I don't get burned out on any one thing!

      Delete
  6. The 5th Wave is on my reading pile too although I have no idea when I'll get to them. Hope you enjoy all your summer reads :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't read most of the things on my spring TBR list so it's more than likely that I won't get to some of these before the winter! I'm trying to be optimistic though!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and I both need to read Eleanor & Park and The End of Your Life Book Club this summer. They look like such good books and I've heard so many positive remarks on both. I'm excited to hear your thoughts on it as well!

    ReplyDelete