Tuesday 17 September 2013

top ten tuesday: tbr in autumn 2013


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


top ten books on my autumn tbr list
True to form I pretty spectacularly failed to get through my summer TBR list - I only managed to read three of the things on the list! In my defence I was working on my dissertation and in the time I've had since then there have been a couple of new releases that have stolen my attention. I'm hoping that by having a good spread of YA and 'adult' fiction, new and older releases on my autumn list maybe I'll do better this time round - let's aim for 5/10!



Five new(ish) YA releases that I'm excited to read:
Allegiant - Veronica Roth I really loved the development of this world in Insurgent so I can't wait to see how this trilogy ends.
More Than This - Patrick Ness This is guaranteed to break my heart. I CAN'T WAIT!
Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell Fandom tends to get a bad rap in the public domain but Eleanor & Park was really special so I'm sure Rainbow Rowell won't disappoint.
The Elites - Natasha Ngan A YA dystopia that explicitly deals with race and cultural difference? I'm in.
Everything Is Fine (and Other Lies I Tell Myself) - Cathy Brett Illustrated WW1 fiction - yes please!


A couple of older novels/series that I'm hoping to start:

If I Stay - Gayle Foreman I enjoyed If I Stay and everyone raves about this!
White Cat - Holly Black I haven't heard much about this series but a couple of my friends on Goodreads rate it really highly so I'll happily give it a shot.


Some general fiction for balance:

Mrs Dalloway - Virginia Woolf
Mr Fox - Helen Oyeyemi
The English Patient - Michael Ondaatje


What are you looking forward to reading this Autumn? Any new releases that you're particularly looking forward to?

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for Allegiant! I also LOVED Fangirl and really enjoyed More Than This, so I hope you get some of these good reads soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a couple of mixed things about 'Fangirl' so I'm really glad you enjoyed it! I'm looking forward to seeing it for myself!

      Delete
  2. So far all the TTTs I've visited have had so many amazing books on their fall TBR list - yours is no exception! I don't think you'll have much of a problem getting through some of these books. ;)

    1. Allegiant - Gah, I still need to pre-order my copy, but rest assured that I am super hyped up for this! I liked INSURGENT well enough, but I thought the plot was kind of messy. But the romance in this series. FOUR. <3

    2. More Than This - I've heard a lot about Patrick Ness' books, but I haven't actually read any of them. But wow, this pretty much has me sold: "This is guaranteed to break my heart."

    3. Fangirl - If there's one person who can handle tabooed themes in fiction (such as fandoms), I'm guessing it's Rainbow Rowell. Admittedly, I haven't read ELEANOR & PARK yet, but a lot of people have been raving about her latest, and hey, it's no secret that FANGIRL is pretty much the story of my life. ;)

    7. White Cat - I gave away my copy of this without reading it! I FULLY regret that, because I've been seeing all these great reviews. *sigh* The consequences of making rash decisions, Meg. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it!

    All the best with your fall TBR, Hannah! Hopefully you'll have much better progress than your summer TBR, but I totally understand your problems. We bookworms have a lot more going on than anyone can guess!

    ReplyDelete